Thursday, May 31, 2012

The lack of updates in this space is perfectly validated.


1) Dr Robi's seminar
He conducted a 4D3N trauma rehabilitation seminar for the church and the leaders over the course of last week to empower us with skills to facilitate processes of rehabilitation for trauma victims. Not only that, we've also learnt many life skills and applications from him. One major takeaway from the seminar is that recent researches and discoveries are on their ways to debunk conventional wisdoms of evolutionary discourse. This is hope for man because no longer are we as predisposed to nature as before. It may seem like our sight comes from the functioning of our eyes but in actual fact, the eyes are just channels through which our sense of sight is being facilitated. They did an experiment on a blind man and managed to get his sights working again by activating his sense of sight on his tongue. In all, it was very tiring with the queuing and back-to-back sessions but was I challenged :)


2) Meet ups with old friends
I am not a social animal because I really don't think I have the gift of talking and socializing, contrary to popular beliefs. I love hanging out with people within my comfort zone because I feel at ease with them and can let my guards down. But I do believe that sustaining and maintaing relationships take effort because nothing comes free and easy. I did my best to arrange for a few meet ups with several classmates from my JC days because all of us are always tied down by school during the semester. So we've been updating each other and sharing hearts over coffees :) 


3) United States of America
Yes, that's right. We've been doing the countdown ever since it hit the 30s and we're now down to the very last day! The past 3 Sunday afternoons have been reserved for planning and there's been so much research going on because we are planning our own itinerary and intending to utilize time to its fullest potential there. We're watching the currency rate like a hawk because it's fluctuating like crazy ever since the Greece episode. I'll be gone for 2 weeks from 1-15th June so this space is probably gonna remain quiet till then. I'm still thinking whether to do regular photo updates over FB since I've started growing wary about privacy issues. Man, am I glad for this timely vacation because frankly speaking, it's getting a little too tiring handling so many issues (school academics aside) revolving around my life and it's a great time out where I can just let my hair down and go wild :)


4) School results
No, this isn't a valid reason but I just thought I could do a short shout-out about it. This is a nice end to my school life because this is by far my best results ever since Uni commenced. I got 2A-s and 2B+s which puts my GPA at 4.25 for this sem. It isn't fantastic but this really exceeded my expectations. I am so glad that my ability and intelligence will no longer be tied to my academics as of today. Which kinda brings me to my next point


5) Job hunting
No they aren't lying when they tell you to start earlier, like even during the holidays leading to your last semester. I am incredibly efficient amidst my inefficiency, i.e. I am the sort who panic at the eleventh hour. And needless to say, I am pretty much suffering from my laid-back attitude in looking for a job. It's not that I didn't hunt; rather I didn't hunt aggressively. I face more problems with selling myself at interviews than securing interview appointments. Right now, it's a cycle of applying-interview-waiting. Anyhow, as such, I need to stay vigilant by my phone throughout the US trip in case I am scheduled for interview appointments. This whole job search has really stretched my capacity, and it's been giving me bouts of anxiety attack but really, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God" (Phil 4:6).


So before I end, here's a picture of my largest eye candy from mediacorp. It was pure luck when I got home from dinner on Monday night and saw filming going on behind my house. 





Meanwhile, I'm gonna let my hair down and enjoy myself in US. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home