Sunday, May 06, 2012

my latest addiction- tau huey

Check out my latest addiction :)




That's right, Tau huey :) Some people actually beg to differ and think of it as pudding, but whatever the case, I'm addicted to it this season!

I've always been a fan of Tau Huey but I seldom get to taste good ones. Since I'm no fussy eater, I get satisfied easily just by satisfying my cravings even when they don't taste nice. So when people started talking about LB, it reached my ears and I got interested. Everyone's been raving so much about the L B at Old Changi but I just never could get myself to travel down for it. I go to some lengths to satisfy my cravings but I wouldn't really go to Changi for that matter unless it's for friendship duties. So imagine my excitement when fellow school mates brought them in for their OCIP projects. I heard Old Changi sells them at $2 per box but I think I could let it slip this time by purchasing it at $3 per box since I save on travel and queuing time (yea, apparently people queue for hours just to get it?!). And I must say, people were not exaggerating. The texture is so smooth it slides down your throat and the taste is so rich. I was officially addicted by the first mouth I took. But L B doesn't come easily so I found an easier route. They say when you want to do things fast, go to the lazy people because they always have the simplest ways out.

I was introduced to Kampong Boy. Lo and behold, they have an outlet a few steps from my home at B T market. I can't say it taste as nice, but you know what? For the convenience, for the price (it's cheaper, $1.50 / box for the original and $2.20 for the durian one which is totally worth the price) being spared from the ardous queuing, it is totally worth it. The satisfaction per utility I derive is the same.

"You cant buy happiness but you can buy Tau Huey. It's about the same. Cheers. Have a great week ahead!"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home