Wednesday, June 20, 2012

An afternoon with the Lee's

So my family ('cept for the bro who was working) kind of had an impromptu lunch deal yesterday noon. The sis and I are on our school vacation (well, technically I'm more like unemployed) and I had just gotten in after 2 weeks of traveling in the US and the parents home from their weekend getaway in BKK. The parents had just gotten in on Monday so my dad had taken the day off on Tuesday. It was either lunch at Binjai Park or high tea at GWPH. My family is an ardent fan of the coffee shop at Binjai (off Bukit Timah) because it serves very good dishes. To cut the story short, I was given the liberty of choosing our lunch location so we ended up at GWPH which wasn't exactly a lose out because my mum secretly hoped I'd choose that place and the sister had already called to make a lunch booking before she approached me to ask for my choice.

The high tea buffet was priced at $38++/pax but it amounted to $45 per person. Honestly (my personal opinion which you can take with a pinch of salt), it wasn't worth the deal. The selection was pretty limited and we agreed that we were paying for the ambience. But not to discredit them entirely, everything was pretty and dainty so you'd feel happy popping them into your mouth.

Some of their cakes selection

Each of them had really pretty names that I simply cannot recall but they were tasty enough

Our table for 4 was very messy and cluttered which kinda played down on the experience by a far bit
Rose tea
After lunch, we headed over to ion for some shopping. My parents are crazy over Rolex so we were inside that place for quite some time.
This picture was purely for a friend of mine, who happens to adore Rolex watches too

The ladies in the family all have a common interest. So we three happy troopers hopped into their store while the dad followed, now and then dropping me questions of why girls are so brand conscious when it comes to their bags. We were given their best looking sales assistance (or so they claimed) to serve us. So all in all, it was a pleasant day for the Lee's. And, I'm gonna end with this - Never, ever feel that you are spending too much time with your family. 

No one passes on Prada, anyday.

"Being a family means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what." Anoymous

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home